Vehicle Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance Regulations
Duration: 1 hour
Regulations: FMCSR - 49 CFR 396
Course OverviewThis course, developed in conjunction with the experts from the Transportation Safety Institute (TSI) of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), outlines the minimum regulatory requirements for inspection, repair, and maintenance with which all interstate motor carriers, employees, and drivers must comply.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the applicability and requirements of inspection, repair, and maintenance for motor carriers
- Identify the commercial motor vehicle (CMV) inspection requirements and reports
- Recognize the periodic inspection requirements, and identify the standards for qualified inspectors.
This course is intended for all motor carrier employees directly concerned with the inspection, repair, and maintenance of motor vehicles, including:
- Operators of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs)
- Safety Directors
- Safety Supervisors
- Human Resources (HR) personnel
- Safety Compliance personnel
- Maintenance personnel.
This course has these features and more:
- Easy navigation
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams