Vehicle Parts and Accessories Safety Regulations
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Regulations: FMCSR - 49 CFR 393
Course OverviewThis course, developed in conjunction with the experts from the Transportation Safety Institute (TSI) of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), outlines the minimum parts and accessories on a commercial motor vehicle required for safe operation.
After taking this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the minimum applicability requirements, and the minimum safety requirements for lamps, reflective sheeting, turn signals, wiring, and batteries on commercial motor vehicles (CMVs)
- Identify the minimum safety requirements for windshields, mirrors, horns, speedometers, emergency equipment, fuel systems, and exhaust systems on CMVs
- Recognize the minimum safety requirements for suspension systems, steering systems, frames, tires, and wheels on CMVs
- Identify the minimum safety requirements for brakes and coupling devices on CMVs
- Recognize the minimum safety requirements for cargo securement on CMVs.
This course is intended for all motor carrier personnel associated with their company's mechanical and safety programs, including:
- Operators of commercial motor vehicles (CMVs)
- Safety Directors
- Safety Supervisors
- Human Resources (HR) personnel
- Safety Compliance personnel
- Maintenance personnel.
This course has these features and more:
- Easy navigation
- Supplementary material
- Links to regulations
- Real-world scenarios
- Objective-based exams